M. Scott Stephens, MAI
Senior Principal & COO (HREC Investment Advisors - Tampa)
- HREC Investment Advisors - July 2003 to present - Senior Principal & COO - Principal of a brokerage and investment banking company providing services exclusively to the hospitality industry. Our experience in resolving complex issues related to hotel sales, debt and equity placements and ownership issues have allowed us to develop a reputation as a skilled advisor and closer.
- Insignia/ESG Hotel Partners - June 1996 to June 2003 - Managing Director - Serving as a Managing Director of one of the largest hospitality brokerage companies in the world.
- Worked in the company’s Miami office from 1996 to 2000 and then in the Tampa office from 2000 to 2003.
- Involved in over 50 completed hotel transactions representing over $200 million in hotel investments.
- Expanded company's presence into the brokerage of timeshare properties through an assignment involving 25 various timeshare assets throughout the country.
- Part of a four-man team that specifically handled disposition assignments for clients in the CMBS arena.
- International Hospitality Advisors - January 1996 to June 1998 - Principal - Co-founded international hospitality consulting firm specializing in hospitality related appraisals, feasibility studies and market studies.
- Performed market and feasibility studies throughout the Caribbean and in Switzerland, Russia, Morocco, Portugal and the United Kingdom.
- Instrumental in developing the firm’s golf course consulting practice.
- Pannell Kerr Forster - May 1990 to December 1995 - Manager - Consultant with the consulting division of national accounting firm. The Miami office of PKF was recognized as the leader in the firm in consulting on hospitality properties in the Caribbean and Latin America.
- Conducted over 200 hospitality-related appraisal assignments throughout the United States and the Caribbean.
Florida State University - Tallahassee, Florida
Bachelor of Science in Real Estate and Marketing
Professional Memberships and Licenses
Real Estate Broker - State of Florida
Member of the Appraisal Institute - MAI
Member of the Society of Golf Appraisers - SGA