Leonard Vance Wormser (Len)
Senior Vice President
New Orleans, LA
Email: [email protected]
- HREC Investment Advisors – Senior Vice President - Opened New Orleans Office 2017 – Geographic focus Louisiana, Eastern Texas, Mississippi, the Gulf Coast of Alabama and Florida Panhandle.
- Senior Managing Director NAI/Latter& Blum Hospitality Division – New Orleans, LA. 2010-2017. Started Hospitality Division in 2010 and sold over 3,000 rooms in 6.5 years – Served as Investment Advisor in approx. 70% of all substantive hospitality transactions in New Orleans since 2010/11.
- The Development Group (FW Development LLC, DEVGROUP Inc., and I-10 Development LLC) Founder/Principal/President – 1997-2010- a collection of single purpose entities that focused on Lodging development in New Orleans, La. Select transactions include the 331 room Marriott Convention Center, 182 Room Staybridge Suites, 141 room Marriot Courtyard, 92 room Whitney Hotel, 184 room Sheraton Galleria, and the 219 room Bourbon Orleans.
- Sizeler Properties (NASDQ) – President, Taxable REIT Subsidiary- 2008-2010- developed $100 million in off balance sheet Shopping Centers, Apartments, and “for sale” residential in the Miami / Orlando metropolitan areas and Louisiana.
- Stewart Capital/Enterprises (NASDQ) – Vice President of Acquisitions – 1988-1998- One of the largest merchant banking companies in the Gulf South Region with assets in excess of $500 million. Directed the company’s real estate efforts. Notable Lodging transactions include the 284 room Hampton Inn and Suites Convention Center New Orleans, 100 room Hampton Inn Garden District, and 120 room Marriott Courtyard Covington, La.
- Living Center Enterprises – Director of Operations/Principal - 1983-1988- New Orleans La. based partnership which developed and owned retirement centers and nursing homes throughout Louisiana. 1000 beds – 6 nursing homes and a Continuous Care Retirement Community (CCRC) - sold all properties to ARA in 1988.
- University of Texas, McCombs School of Business Graduate - Austin, Texas
Professional and Community designations/ affiliations include:
- Tulane University Health Sciences Board of Governors
- Louisiana State Museum Foundation- Board
- Young Leadership Council (President and Board)
- Bureau of Governmental Research (BGR) Board
- Isadore Newman School Annual Fund Board
- Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) Board
- Lemann Stern Leadership Fellow
- Guest lecturer for Tulane Business School
- Licensed Real Estate Broker LA
- Panel participant for numerous hotel conferences annually
Examples of Corporate and Institutional Clients served:
Ashford Hospitality trust REIT
Federal Reserve Bank of NY
Maiden Lane trust
TPG – The Procaccianti Group
Hotel ZA ZA
RLJ Lodging Trust REIT
Hospitality properties Trust HPT REIT
CIII Island Capital
Marriott vacation Club
GMAC Commercial Mortgage
Historic Restorations Inc HRI
MCC – Jaeger group
Two Roads- Destination Lowe